• Neary Tech

Solutions to Common Electrical Problems in Fitler Square, PA; Upgrade Panel to Fix Overloaded Circuit & More

Electrical fires can cause extensive damage to properties and pose a significant threat to lives. Identifying warning signs of electrical issues is crucial in preventing fires and ensuring the safety of your home or workplace. By understanding the red flags and taking appropriate actions, you can minimize the risk of an electrical fire. Today, we at Neary Tech would like to discuss the common warning signs of electrical problems and provide valuable tips for fire prevention.

Flickering or Dimming Lights

If you notice your lights flickering or dimming regularly, it could be an indication of an underlying electrical problem. Loose connections, faulty wiring, or overloaded circuits can lead to this issue. It is important to investigate the cause promptly to prevent potential fire hazards.

Hot Electrical Outlets or Switches

Touching an outlet or switch and finding it unusually hot is a warning sign that should not be ignored. Overheating may result from loose connections, overloaded circuits, or faulty wiring. If you notice this, immediately unplug any devices connected to the affected outlet and contact a licensed electrician for inspection.

Burning Odor

A persistent burning smell, even if you cannot locate the source, is a clear sign of electrical trouble. The smell may resemble burning plastic or a faint scent of smoke. It is crucial to take this seriously, as it could indicate overheating wires or an overloaded circuit, both of which can lead to an electrical fire. Turn off the power supply at the main panel and contact a professional electrician right away.

Tripping Circuit Breakers

Circuit breakers are designed to trip when circuits become overloaded or experience a fault. However, if your circuit breakers trip frequently, it may indicate an underlying issue. Overloaded circuits, faulty wiring, or a malfunctioning appliance could be the cause. Consult an electrician to assess the problem and ensure the electrical system is properly balanced.

Sparking Outlets or Switches

When you see sparks or notice small electrical discharges from outlets or switches, it is a sign of a serious electrical problem that requires immediate attention. Sparks can ignite nearby flammable materials and cause a fire. In such cases, turn off the power to the affected area, refrain from using the outlet or switch, and contact a qualified electrician.

Damaged or Frayed Electrical Wiring

Exposed or damaged electrical wiring is a major fire hazard. If you notice any wiring that is frayed, cracked, or chewed by pests, it needs to be repaired or replaced promptly. Such damage increases the risk of short circuits and electrical fires. It is crucial to hire a professional electrician to handle wiring repairs or replacements.

Electrical Inspections, Repairs, Service & More in Fitler Square, Rittenhouse Square, Washington Square West, Queen Village, Society Hill, Fairmount, Northern Liberties, Allentown and Greater Philadelphia, PA | Short Hills, Alpine, Ho Ho Kus, Essex Fells, Saddle River, Fair Haven, Little Silver, Glen Ridge, Chatham, Rumson, Montgomery and Somerset, NJ

Basically, identifying warning signs of electrical issues is vital for fire prevention. Being proactive and attentive to any signs of electrical problems can help safeguard your property and the people within it. If you notice flickering lights, hot outlets or switches, a burning odor, tripping circuit breakers, sparking outlets or switches, damaged wiring, or frequently blown fuses, it is essential to seek professional assistance. Remember, when it comes to electrical safety, prevention is key. If you need professional electrical services, call Neary Tech and let us take care of the rest.

Call Now Button